How to Create the Melting Snowman Cookies!
- Gather your ingredients:
- Basic cookie dough: 1/3 cup (80g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (115 g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup (200 g) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (150 g) pure icing sugar
- Licorice strips
- Red cachous
- Icing pens
- Small colored sweets
2. Make the dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (320 fan-forced) and line two trays with baking paper
- Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Fold in vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix into a dough, shape it into a disc, then wrap in plastic
- Let cool in fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll out and cut into circles
- Transfer to baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (or until golden)
- Let cool completely
- Slice up licorice into thin strips for arms, scarves, etc. Use tiny dots for eyes or triangles for bow ties.
- Make the icing
- Boil water and add to pure icing sugar and stir
- Add more water until you reach the desired consistency-should be thick
- Decorate the marshmallows with eyes, noses, mouths, etc.
- Use icing pen or use white icing as glue for cachous.
- Decorate the cookies; spoon a little white icing and spread over surface of cookies
- Press marshmallow down in the middle and decorate to your heart’s desire
- If you try the recipe we would love to see your creations!
- Post on Facebook and tag Benchmark Mortgage – Champions for the American Dream